As part of its research agenda and global outreach, Hellenic American University has sponsored or co-sponsored a series of important research-based conferences intended to address major issues in the fields which comprise its curricular concentrations.
Prominent among the conferences the University has hosted or co-sponsored:
- 1st international Conference on “Europe in Discourse: Identity, Diversity, Borders”. Organized by Hellenic American University in cooperation with Hellenic American College. The Conference was a unique opportunity to explore the discursive construction of identifies in and of the European Union. Dates: September 23rd- 25th, 2016.
- 10th International Athens Conferences on Project Management Best Practices: Lean and Green Project Management (July 2015). Now in their 10th year, these conferences gather international speakers who offer practical and technical knowledge about getting ahead in the project management profession.
- 3rd Athens International Forums on Security: Challenges and Opportunities for the New Decade (January 2010) These conferences have provided a fresh, in-depth look into information security technologies, policies, techniques, and best practices, affording front-line IT personnel and policymakers valuable insights into key information security issues.
- 2nd International Athens Conference on Translation and Interpretation: Teaching and Researching the Practice: Translation Education, Professional Identity, New Technologies (October 2008), gathered theoreticians, linguists, translators, interpreters and educators from Greece and abroad to discuss issues of translation and interpreting.
- 2nd Athens International Conference on University Assessment: Assessing Quality (October 2007). This was the second of two International Conferences on University Assessment which brought together leading institutional researchers, policy experts, and high-ranking accreditation officers from Europe and the United States in plenary talks and panel discussions.