Uses of the ALCE™
The ALCE™ is used by organizations, firms, public agencies, and academic institutions for a wide range of purposes. The following is just a sample of possible uses:
- Educational organizations can use the ALCE™ for admission purposes for non-native speakers of English
- Corporate users can use the ALCE™ as a useful tool when recruiting a global workforce
- Government agencies can use the ALCE™ when setting language requirements for migrants
- Job placement agencies can use the ALCE™ when setting language requirements for non-native speakers of English
The level of the ALCE™
The ALCE™ examination has been mapped to the C1 and C2 levels of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
At C1 level, language users:
- Can understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognize implicit meaning and attitudes.
- Can understand lengthy, complex texts in detail.
- Can give clear, detailed descriptions, developing particular points and providing an appropriate conclusion.
- Can produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, supporting points of view and providing an appropriate conclusion.
At C2 level, language users:
- Can understand with ease virtually any kind of spoken language delivered at natural speed.
- Can understand a wide range of long and complex texts, including implicit meaning.
- Can produce clear, smoothly flowing, well-structured speech.
- Can write complex texts in an appropriate and effective style with a logical structure.