The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration program at Hellenic American University provides students with the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to become competent and responsible managers and leaders in today’s global economy. The program prepares graduates for a wide variety of careers in business-related fields and further graduate studies. The curriculum focuses on the foundation of business principles, such as management accounting, entrepreneurial marketing, strategic human resources management, and entrepreneurial management, before heading to one of the six majors, depending on the area of interest.
The BSBA program is offered online.
- View the online course catalog for the BSBA
The program in Business Administration uses a hands-on approach that teaches the skills they need, whether managing a department or running their own business. They learn how to develop a social media strategy, create an operations plan for an actual project, put together a recruitment campaign, and handle other real-world management tasks.
Strengths of the Program
The B.S. in Business Administration program offers:
- Majors and minors in Entrepreneurship, E-Commerce, Project Management, Hospitality Management, Finance, and Marketing & Sales Management.
- A flexible schedule for working students, with afternoon and evening classes, and the option to take a number of courses online.
- A wide selection of electives such as Innovation and New Product Development, Social Entrepreneurship, and Venturing in Emerging Economies, as well as specialized topics in business areas such as mergers and acquisitions, conflict resolution and nation branding.
- Support for career development from day 1.
- Opportunity to earn professional certification in the field of Project Management.
Features of the Online Program
The online BSBA features a highly supportive and engaging learning environment. As a student in the program you’ll benefit from the following:
- Courses include a live video session each week, where you interact with your instructor and fellow students,
- You’ll work on an eLearning platform that comes with a rich array of interactive features, such as video blogging, blogs, and discussion forums. These tools enable you and your fellow students to exchange ideas and insights with other students and your instructor.
- Personalized guidance from your mentor and technical support if you need it.
Students need to complete 40 courses including a senior-year Capstone Project (121 credits in total) to earn the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree. Full-time students can complete the program in 8 semesters.
For a detailed view of the program and course descriptions, see the course catalog for the BSBA.
Majors in the BSBA Program
Students may pursue a general BSBA degree and thus graduate with a focus on General Business or choose to major in one of the following areas:
- Marketing and Sales Management
- Hospitality Management
- Project Management
Minors in the BSBA Program
Students may elect a minor based on any of the six major offerings – except General Business – as indicated and described above. Therefore, any of the provided majors (i.e., Entrepreneurship, E-Commerce, Marketing and Sales Management, Hospitality Management, Finance, and Project Management) may be offered to and elected by students as minors.
The six minor courses are the six course requirements of any BSBA major.
If you are enrolled in non-business program, you have the option of pursuing a minor in General Business.
Students with a Minor in Project Management will be well-prepared for the examinations for the leading international professional certifications in Project Management (PMI & IPMA).
The BSBA program offers students opportunities to participate in ongoing faculty-student research projects in entrepreneurship, marketing, knowledge management and other business topics, and receive support for their own research project. The program also foresees industry field trips and site visits, and provides opportunities to network with practitioners and discuss business concerns with experienced and young entrepreneurs via forums and workshops.
The Career Development helps students identify and apply for internships with Greek and international companies and organizations.