The Hellenic American University MBA program cultivates an entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to manage change and foster innovation. Built into each course are hands-on projects that develop the business skills needed in today’s highly volatile international business environment—whether managing a business unit or running your own business.
The MBA program can be done online.
- View the online course catalog for the MBA
- Download the Master of Business Administration (MBA) Flyer
Students acquire a robust theoretical foundation and practical learning in core disciplines such as operations, accounting, strategic HR management, and managerial finance but with a focus on managing and promoting innovation. At the same time they develop the technical skills and digital competencies needed for data-driven decision-making, and strengthen their leadership, team-building, communication and analytical skills.
Strengths of the Program
MBA program strengths include:
- Opportunity to obtain Certificates in Digital Marketing, Aviation, Operational Excellence, People Management, Shipping Management and Management Information Systems.
- Real-time case projects developed in cooperation with actual SMEs and business networks.
- Wide variety of electives such as Branding and Communications, Entrepreneurship and New Venture Management, Investment Analysis & Portfolio Management, and Decision Support Systems.
- A flexible class schedule, with evening and e-learning courses to accommodate students’ work schedules.
- Faculty mentoring and personal support for your academic and professional development.
- Opportunity to conduct research fieldwork in real-life business case projects.
- Career counseling and networking opportunities through the Career Development Office during and after completing the MBA program.
Features of the Online Program
The MBA program can be done entirely online in a richly engaging and supporting environment. As a student in the program you’ll have:
- Live interactive video sessions every week with your instructor and fellow students. Since classes are small, everyone has numerous opportunities to participate and receive personal attention.
- A learning platform that’s easy to use and comes with a variety of interactive tools including vlogs, online journals and discussion forums. These tools help you share your ideas, experience and insights with other students and your instructor.
- Individualized support from your faculty mentor and tech support from a Help Desk.
Students complete a total of 11 courses and a Capstone Project to earn the Master of Business Administration degree. Full-time students may complete the program in two years, while part-time students will need 3 years to complete their degree, depending on the number of courses they commit to in each semester.
For a detailed view of the program and course descriptions, see the course catalog for the MBA.
Concentrations & Certification
Students in the program can choose to specialize and receive certification in one of the following areas:
- Digital Marketing
- Operational Excellence
- People Management
- Shipping Management
- Management Information Systems
A certificate is earned by completing a specific combination of 2 electives and a specialized Capstone Project.
MBA students completing the Certificate in Digital Marketing may also pursue the internationally recognized Online Marketing Certified Associate (OMCA™) Certification. The Operational Excellence Certificate prepares students for the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM®) or the Project Management Professional (PMP®) designations of the Project Management Institute (PMI®).
The MBA offers opportunities to participate in ongoing faculty-student research projects in various business disciplines and fields. Students also have the chance to do research fieldwork in real-life business case projects. They are also provided support and guidance in pursuing their own research interests.
Students may design their Capstone project as a consultancy project for any SME or corporation, or develop a research based thesis under the supervision of a faculty member with research experience in the field.