The Hellenic American University MBA program cultivates an entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to manage change and foster innovation. Built into each course are hands-on projects that develop the business skills needed in today’s highly volatile international business environment—whether managing a business unit or running your own business. The MBA program is offered also via e-learning.
- View the online course catalog for the MBA
- Download the Master of Business Administration (MBA) Flyer
Students acquire a robust theoretical foundation and practical learning in core disciplines such as operations, accounting, strategic HR management, and managerial finance but with a focus on managing and promoting innovation. At the same time they develop the technical skills and digital competencies needed for data-driven decision-making, and strengthen their leadership, team-building, communication and analytical skills.
Strengths of the Program
MBA program strengths include:
- Opportunity to obtain Certificates in Digital Marketing, Global Aviation Management, Operational Excellence, People Management and Shipping Management.
- Real-time case projects developed in cooperation with actual SMEs and business networks.
- Wide variety of electives such as Branding and Communications, Entrepreneurship and New Venture Management, Investment Analysis & Portfolio Management, and Decision Support Systems.
- A flexible class schedule, with evening and e-learning courses to accommodate students’ work schedules.
- Faculty mentoring and personal support for your academic and professional development.
- Opportunity to conduct research fieldwork in real-life business case projects.
- Career counseling and networking opportunities through the Career Development Office during and after completing the MBA program.
Students complete a total of 13 courses and a Capstone Project to earn the Master of Business Administration degree. Full-time students may complete the program in two years, while part-time students will need 3 years to complete their degree, depending on the number of courses they commit to in each semester.
For a detailed view of the program and course descriptions, see the course catalog for the MBA.
Concentrations & Certification
Students in the program can choose to specialize and receive certification in one of the following areas:
- Digital Marketing
- Global Aviation Management
- Operational Excellence
- People Management
- Shipping Management
A certificate is earned by completing a specific combination of 3 electives and a specialized Capstone Project.
MBA students completing the Certificate in Digital Marketing may also pursue the internationally recognized Online Marketing Certified Associate (OMCA™) Certification. The Operational Excellence Certificate prepares students for the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM®) or the Project Management Professional (PMP®) designations of the Project Management Institute (PMI®).
The MBA offers opportunities to participate in ongoing faculty-student research projects in various business disciplines and fields. Students also have the chance to do research fieldwork in real-life business case projects. They are also provided support and guidance in pursuing their own research interests.
Students may design their Capstone project as a consultancy project for any SME or corporation, or develop a research based thesis under the supervision of a faculty member with research experience in the field.