Undergraduate Applications

Undergraduate admissions

Applications are accepted throughout the year. Applicants will need to have a number of documents sent to the Office of Admissions. These include transcripts and evidence of English-language proficiency. All support documentation should be either the original documents or notarized copies. Documents that are not in English must be accompanied by certified English translations.

If you are applying for an undergraduate degree program—either as a first-year applicant or as a transfer student—you will need to submit the following material:

  • A completed undergraduate admissions Application Form
  • High school diploma from an accredited high school or foreign secondary school equivalent
  • Official diploma, transcripts, and certificates of all secondary and post-secondary schools attended
  • Evidence of proficiency in English
  • The essay that is included in the application form outlining your goals and reasons for studying a program at Hellenic American University
  • Two Recommendation letters 
  • A copy of the applicant’s driver’s license or a state or federal government-issued identity card
  • A non-refundable application fee of $30

SAT and ACT scores, although not required, will assist your acceptance decision.

Making sure that the material you submit is accurate and complete will help you avoid unnecessary delays in the admissions process. The Office of Admissions does not return application materials to the applicant once they have been submitted.

English Language Proficiency

If you are applying for admission and your native language is not English, you will need to submit evidence of proficiency in the English language. See the the list of language certificates and test results below that the University accepts as such evidence:

  • A high school Diploma and/or transcripts from an institution whose language of instruction is English
  • International Baccalaureate Certificate or Diploma
  • General Certificate of Secondary Education Certificate (GCSE) - Grade C
  • International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum score of 5.5
  • Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum iBT total score of 80
  • Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC) with minimum score of 505
  • Assessment Board for Language Examinations: Level B2 (ABLE B2)
  • University of Michigan Certificate of Competency in English (ECCE)
  • University of Cambridge First Certificate in English (FCE)
  • Hellenic American University Advanced Level Certificate in English (ALCE)
  • Cambridge English Advanced (CAE) with a minimum score of 160
  • Michigan English Test (MET) with a minimum score of 53
  • Other evidence of proficiency will be reviewed individually

You will need to make your own arrangements to take the test and have the results forwarded to Hellenic American University.

Log in